22 December 2008

Lies

He took me to dinner
for steaks
and wined me
and wooed me
and told me these things.

that I was always
beautiful.

that if people didn't agree with me,
they were wrong.

that life
should be fair.

that I should believe
what people say about me.

that the only authority I should honor
is the authority with whom I agree.

that my beliefs are based
on my feelings.

that it is easier to avoid problems
than to fix them.

that love
is a feeling.

that my parents were
always right.

that I was always
ugly.

that I shouldn't have to wait
for what I want.

that I'm better
than everyone else.

that love is
a chemical.

that all my problems
are caused by my sin.

that I'm worse
than everyone else.

that I must get approval
or else I am worthless.

that my parents were
always wrong.

that none of my problems
were caused by my sin.

that people are
basically good.

and, pushing himself from the table,

that there is
no devil.

3 comments:

Rob Kistner said...

Greetings – Interesting site you’ve created! I came by to say hi …and to invite you to stop by Image & Verse for a visit, or just to say hello.
…rob

Jay said...

Hi there, I love your poetry and connect with it on quite a few levels. Keep up the good work! Cheers.

Jay said...

Found the site through a Google search for "Art and Christianity." Read the laws of Christian art post, and then went through and read everything else. All night long. Ha.

Blog Archive